What is the point of points? Have you have read articles that mention points, or heard members talking about points and not known what they were talking about? Points are one way of encouraging club members to get involved in bicycling activities. Points can be earned by volunteering to help at a club event (like our club race), racing your bike in a USCF event duathlon or triathlon, or riding in a rally. The value of a point depends on how many points are turned in for the month and the budget for that month, but are worth a maximum of $15 per point. Members who present a racer reimbursement form at a meeting are reimbursed for points recorded from the previous month. So, keep a record of all races rallies or club designated volunteer work you participate in during a month, come to the next club meeting, fill out a race reimbursement form (it isn’t hard to do), and get a check.
- For races and rallies, you must be wearing the Mirage jersey to claim points.
- Points are only paid to current members, so make sure your dues are up to date.
- Points are only paid at the monthly meeting, which is the 2nd Monday of the month.
- Points are paid for the previous month’s events only. Requests for reimbursements for events prior to the previous month’s events will not be paid.
- You must attend the meeting to collect payment for points. You may not send another member to the meeting with your points sheet and get reimbursed.
- You must fill out this form (copies available at the monthly meeting) to claim your points.
- Additional rules and information are listed on the points form.